- Are you a highly experienced legal professional?
- Are you an organised person who values planning to succeed?
- Do you want to be a key contributor to Australia’s Defence Nuclear Powered Submarine capability?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for to be an EL2 Deputy General Counsel within the Australian Nuclear Powered Submarine Regulatory Design (ANPSRD) team.
The role will support the General Counsel in the provision of high-level legal advice on major, complex and sensitive issues arising from the creation and functions of the Australian Naval Nuclear Power Safety Regulator (ANNPSR), which may include administrative law, litigation, legislation, and legal policy.
You will provide strategic advice to senior management and stakeholders as well as leading and assuming accountability for very complex work, sensitive projects or work programs that have strategic, political or operational significance.
As an EL2 Deputy General Counsel, you will have extensive knowledge relating to the methodology, systems and procedures within the legal function and have the ability to translate this into strategy. You will provide a strategic level of specialist, professional and technical expertise, potentially relating to the work of different function areas. You will initiate, establish and maintain strong relationships with a network of stakeholders internally and externally and will have the ability to recognise shared agendas and work toward mutually beneficial outcomes.
About our Team
As part of the ANPSRD team, you will be working at the cutting edge of the regulation of Defence capability, supported by professionalisation pathways so you can continue to develop, along with unique and varied career opportunities.
The ANPSRD team are deeply committed to the success of the establishment of the Australian Naval Nuclear Power Safety Regulator and are seeking people who share the same dedication. Your dedication, enthusiasm, and initiative, will enable you to contribute to the establishment of the Australian Naval Nuclear Power Safety Regulator, and meet some of the most passionate, intelligent and fascinating people from around the world.
Our people are capable, committed and diverse. We support an inclusive culture that emphasises respect and collaboration and prioritises safety and security. Our greatest asset is our people.
We offer flexible working arrangements and a range of formal and informal professional development opportunities.
Our Ideal Candidate
As an EL2 Deputy General Counsel, you will be required to demonstrate a range of skills, however the specific competencies below are considered critical to success within the ANPSRD team.
- Lead and supervise – Set direction and standards, delegate, motivate, empower, develop others and recruit talent.
- Working with people – Understanding others, adapting to others, rewarding others, listening, consulting, supporting and caring.
- Persuade and influence – Make an impact, gain agreement, negotiate, persuade, convince, promote ideas and manage conflict.
- Apply expertise – Apply, develop and share specialist and detailed technical legal expertise.
- Formulate strategies and concepts – Work strategically, set strategies, vision and think broadly about the organisation.
Application Closing Date: Thursday 22 February, 2024
For further information please review the job information pack, reference ASG/00975/24 on https://defencecareers.nga.net.au/?jati=7055CA27-223D-BF8A-809E-DA762F21678A