Rare opportunity to join our boutique, specialist, and leading firm to work with and learn from industry leaders and award-winning lawyers. This role can be located in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne.
- Guaranteed career satisfaction, professional & personal development
- Unique, genuine and respected culture where everybody has a say
- Access to hybrid and flexible working options
- Recognised Employer of Choice; values driven with people-first mindset
Who is FCB Workplace Law?
FCB Workplace Law, part FCB Group, is a leading workplace relations specialist law firm which offers a full suite of workplace relations and HR advisory services to ensure that businesses manage their people efficiently and minimise the chances of things going wrong. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional legal services and being trusted advisors to a diverse mix of clients across dedicated industry sectors such as retail, hospitality, aged care, construction and manufacturing.
FCB operates in a fast-paced and focused environment with multiple teams and business units interacting and engaging collaboratively, from our offices and remote locations.
About this role
Due to growth, we are offering this rare opportunity to join the team at Associate level and ideally looking for a candidate 2-4 years of experience as an employment law practitioner.
While working predominantly with the Sydney Law team, you will also work closely with the broader legal team across Melbourne and Brisbane on various matters. We have an impressive and deep talent pool from which you can learn and grow with 5 (yes 5!) partners who are Accredited Specialists in Workplace Relations.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Providing pragmatic and technically accurate legal advice to a range of large and key clients
- Involvement and/or management of a range of matters including restraint of trade, misuse of confidential information, wrongful termination, discrimination, unfair dismissal, general protections to industrial disputes
- Drafting or preparing workplace policies, employment contracts, enterprise agreements and other documentation
- Prepare, draft and amend written advice to clients
- Conducting legal research
- Undertake ad hoc projects as directed by the supervising Partner
Our ideal candidate
First and foremost, you will be a great fit for our team. No doubt you’ll be a bright spark with a high IQ, but you also have a high EQ (and understand why this is important). You will be passionate about growing your legal career in workplace relations and employment law with us.
You are happy to work autonomously and can work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. You will be eager to be hands on with our clients and build strong and productive relationships. Like us, you will be genuinely committed to helping our clients navigate complex people matters and thrive on finding pragmatic, commercially focussed solutions to workplace issues.
As an extension of this you love to meet new people and identify new business opportunities as you want to pitch in to help us to build and grow the practice as your career progresses with FCB. You also won’t mind being involved in tasks or projects that might fall a bit outside of the box.
You love to work hard, but also love having great social connections at work and flexibility and balance with your life outside of work.
What it’s like to work for us?
As a values-driven organisation we pride ourselves on operating under 4 core values: Inspired & Innovative, Exceed Expectations, Relationships Matter and We’re Better Together. We ensure that these values are embodied by every employee, every day.
We recognise the efforts and achievements of everyone involved, no matter how small. We’re a business that strives for excellence, aiming to exceed expectations and make the impossible, possible. We value the relationships we build with clients, suppliers and employees. Our mentoring program has been designed to support our employees and push them to continuously be inspired and innovative. We lead by example but never take ourselves too seriously – always having fun along the way!
We’re a company that benefits from a dedicated Social Committee with plenty of events and activities to participate in. Our nominated charities are important to us – we volunteer our time and host regular fundraising events to help causes including cancer research and mental health.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to work in Australia’s leading workplace relations firm
- Learn from an Award-winning law firm; Employer of Choice, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, HRD Service Provider, Doyle’s Guide, Lawyers Weekly Women in Law and Australasian Law Awards
- Regular technical sessions to aid your professional development
- Mentoring program
- Working with a team of talented, motivated, and supportive professionals
- Flexibility to balance your work and life
- Social Committee, DEI Committee, Parental Leave Policy, Volunteer Day
- An enviable work environment: fun, focused and fast-paced
If you are ready to join a supportive, collaborative and career-enriching environment that is FCB Workplace Law, we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
You can submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button below and uploading your CV and cover letter. We will move quickly to shortlist so don’t delay in applying. For any queries about this opportunity or a career with FCB Group email: [email protected]
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Australia on an unrestricted basis.