GEELONG, VIC BASED
Harwood Andrews is a progressive legal firm working to provide positive commercial solutions for our clients.
We build lasting relationships and provide innovative, expert services to our business, private and statutory clients. Our services extend further than just providing legal advice and are client focused.
We are growing our Dispute Resolution Team and are seeking an Associate to join our firm. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and develop under the guidance of our vastly experienced team – which includes 2 Principals, 3 Special Counsel, and 1 Senior Associate.
- Assisting progress and manage client matters and cases in conjunction with a Principal.
- Conducting legal research, analysing case law, and preparing advice to clients on dispute resolution options and strategies.
- Drafting legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence.
- Attending with clients to mediations, negotiations, and court hearings.
- Collaborating with senior team members on complex cases.
- Authoring and co-presenting articles and paper’s to market the team’s dispute resolution, litigation and insolvency services to clients and referrers.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who has been admitted as a lawyer in Australia with 2-4 years of post-qualification practising experience. The successful candidate will have experience in dispute resolution and commercial litigation.
We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates excellent legal research and analytical skills, possesses strong communication and advocacy skills, and works well in a collaborative team environment.
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents to [email protected] on or before 26 November 2023:
- Your updated resume.
- A one-page summary of 3 matters on which you have worked that interested you explaining why
- Academic transcripts.
- A cover letter.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.