Maximum Term Contract Full Time – 36.25 hours per week – until 13/09/2024
$87,908.87 to $91,736.94 Annually + up to 12% super
RCC Officers’ Level 5
A special place
At Redland City Council, you can help improve lives, while shaping your career in a truly special place. Situated on the stunning Redlands Coast, our team is creating an enriched, sustainable future for Redland City.
Here, every role matters … Together, we’re focused on serving our community. Join us so together we can improve the Redlands for today and tomorrow.
This is an exciting opportunity within Councils Legal team that would suit an admitted solicitor, a new graduate or person with experience working in a legal or property management team looking to kickstart or advance their career. In this role you will be working alongside and supported by a small and diverse team of in house people working primarily on property and commercial transactions.
For full details, take a look at the Position Description.
What you’ll bring
First and foremost, you’ll need to live and breathe our Values, as they are fundamental to the way we go about our work and the relationships we build.
We would love to hear from you or someone you know who:
- Is task orientated.
- Has excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Can undertake desktop research to assist with the necessary due diligence.
- Ability to work autonomously and cohesively as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Has the ability to understand the task, identify the way forward and implement.
Why join us
We asked our people why they choose to work at Redland City Council. They say it’s about two things: feeling connected to the Redlands Coast as a truly special place and the incredible career and development opportunities at Council.
Here, you can:
- Improve lives, for today and tomorrow.
- Achieve, for the community and your career.
- Experience variety, and grow as a result.
- Find the right balance to bring the best you.
Here are some more reasons for loving working with us:
- Generous leave provisions such as paid parental leave and purchased leave scheme including 17.5% loading on annual leave!
- Ex-gratia day offered during the Christmas/New Year break
- Access to professional and leadership development programs and education/study assistance
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to increase your industry knowledge and business acumen
- Diverse secondment opportunities for career development
- Reward and recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs and social club
- Access to discounts with over 400 leading retailers
Visit our careers page to learn more and read the stories of our incredible people.
- You’ll hold a current ‘C’ Class Drivers’ Licence
- A degree (Bachelor) in Law or relevant on the job experience
- Successful applicants will be asked to consent to a police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
- To be eligible for employment, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Ready to join us
Applications will only be accepted through Council’s Web Recruitment system or through OURspace for current Council employees. Hard copy and e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
To be considered, applicants must submit a:
- Cover letter (one page); and
- Current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please read the Position Description and resume-based application instructions before applying for this role.
RCC utilises a merit-based recruitment process which may include various testing methods, such as psychometric testing and requesting the submission of a short video application from candidates after the advertisement closes.
Specific information on the position (201259) can be obtained by contacting Peter Cardiff on (07) 3829 8887. Applications for this position close at 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 03/12/2023 .
At Redland City Council, we truly value the diverse skills, experiences and perspectives of our people. We’re focused on making Council an inclusive place, where everyone belongs and brings in new skills, diverse experiences and backgrounds that enable us to serve our community better.
Applications will not be accepted from a third party.