Contribute your privacy skillset *Prominent Education Sector service provider! Rewarding Melbourne based role *FWA *Attractive Salary package
- Flexible Working & Salary Packaging Arrangements Available
- Collaborate with Motivated & Supportive Legal Team
- Full Time Role | Melbourne CBD | WFH days available!
About our client…
Our client owns and operates approximately 300 schools in and around Melbourne. Their Corporate Legal Services team is based in the Melbourne head office situated in the inner CBD and close to public transport. With a focus on supporting the schools within their system, this role is responsible for providing support across various corporate legal matters, with a specific focus on privacy and data governance.
About this role…
Reporting to the General Manager, Legal – Corporate in this role you will offer expert guidance on privacy, compliance, and regulatory issues relevant to the corporate aspects of their operations. Bringing an innovative mindset to the delivery of legal services, your advice will be commercially relevant, delivered in a pro-active and timely manner, considering the broader implications for the entire organisation and its stakeholders.
Some key responsibilities of the role will include (but not be limited to):-
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to develop a data governance framework;
- Development and implementation of a robust privacy management framework and privacy management plan;
- Be the first point of contact for advice on privacy matters;
- Providing privacy advice in relation to projects that may have an impact on an individual’s personal information;
- Developing a process for and conduct of privacy impact assessments;
- Conducting privacy training;
- Provision of accurate, commercially astute, and timely advice on a wide range of issues;
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, development and continuous improvement of precedents, legal tools and templates.
This will also involve helping to ensure that appropriate legal policies and practices are in place to manage the legal obligations and legal risks (with a particular focus on privacy and data governance).
Ideal candidates will have a previous experience in applying privacy laws and other legislation relevant to the handling of information including eg. Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Public Records Act 1973 (Vic).
To be considered, our client is looking for;
- A background of 4-6 years PQE with a focus on privacy, data governance and commercial law;
- Familiarity with privacy dispute resolution and complaint-handling methods and processes;
- Understanding of data governance frameworks/methodologies;
- Strong commercial and customer service mindset with an ability to influence commercial outcomes;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills across all levels with the ability to work alongside internal stakeholders such as information management, IT, senior executives & external regulators;
- Highly developed organisational & prioritisation skills.
What’s on offer…
In return our client offers an inclusive, respectful and motivated culture, excellent support & resources where your efforts & contributions will be recognised & rewarded with an attractive remuneration package & salary packaging benefits!
So let’s talk…
To apply online, simply click on the Apply button now.
N.B. This role has been Exclusively Listed with Legal People!
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact:
M: 0418 361 199
Our Ref: 3674061s