Why the role?
As a growing firm, we are looking for talented and ambitious professionals to join our team. With a dynamic and collaborative workplace culture, our firm offers excellent career opportunities and a supportive environment for professional development. Currently we are seeking a 2-5 PAE Workplace Relations and Safety Associate to support our team. If you have the ability and desire to have a varied practice, you also have the chance to work on public liability, workers’ compensation and/or compulsory third party claims to supplement your workplace and safety work.
This role could be a career-defining opportunity for a workplace law enthusiast to take your career to new heights in a supportive environment, working on diverse and challenging matters.
Please note this role is open to both full-time and part-time.
Who are you?
- Around 2-5 years post admission lawyer;
- Experienced in workplace relations and safety law;
- While not essential, we welcome applicants with an interest in working in a hybrid practice to include public liability, workers’ compensation and/or compulsory third party claims;
- You have confidence, initiative and ambition to pursue a career in workplace relations and safety;
- Self-motivated and able to work at pace;
- Ability to manage client expectations and run matters autonomously;
- Practical and client focused in solving problems;
- Previous exposure to business development with a natural ability to cultivate quality relationships with our industry leading clients;
- A team player who can collaborate on work;
- Prepared to work with both local and interstate principals as demands require;
- Be able to demonstrate a “plain English” writing style and have excellent written and oral communications skills.
What do we offer you?
- A great and dynamic culture! Our firm has a true collegiate buzz and is growing in response to client demand. Our partners are accessible and supportive and have a genuine willingness to involve you in client relationships at a high level.
- Flexibility to manage your time. Be efficient, get your work done, and go enjoy your personal life.
Responsibility for and meaning in your work. We believe that you have to enjoy your work and be given the ownership to make decisions and solve problems for sophisticated and knowledgeable clients.
- We are committed to fostering a truly diverse and inclusive workplace so that all our people can flourish and fulfil their highest potential, for the benefit of our people, the firm, and our clients.
- We value our role as a corporate citizen by putting words into actions through our pro bono legal services, volunteering and community giving.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our internal CLE program and leading external providers.
- A competitive salary and firm wide, team or individual incentives when you least expect it but deserve it.
- Managing Vicarious Trauma training will be provided if you are dealing with sensitive matters.
- Group Salary Continuance (GSC) at the firm’s cost.
- Parental leave over and above government entitlements.
- Comprehensive Wellbeing support through our Wellbeing EAP Provider which is available to you and your family.
Gilchrist Connell is a leading insurance sector law firm operating across all Australian jurisdictions from its five offices in Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
In 2023, Gilchrist Connell was recognised by Australasian Lawyer as Insurance Specialist Firm of the Year, and for the fourth consecutive year as an Australasian Lawyer Employer of Choice.
We are certified as a Family Friendly Workplace and Great Place to Work and have a genuinely positive work culture, built on transparency in feedback, support of flexible working practices, and access to leading support programs and employee benefits to support employees to meet their work, family and wellbeing needs. Gilchrist Connell values inclusion and is committed to delivering a workplace where all employees can bring their whole selves to work. The firm is proud to be certified as compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and is proactive in embedding inclusion through the work of the firm’s inclusion committee. We also support the communities in which we work through our charitable giving, volunteering and pro bono contributions.
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please talk to our People Advisor, Georgia Steele on 08 8215 7032 about joining Gilchrist Connell. Alternatively, hit the apply button to submit your CV and cover letter.
A quick note to agencies – we do not need support with this role at present. Thank you.