Terms and Conditions
Use of the Lawyers Weekly website (This site) is governed by the following Terms and Conditions and all notices and disclaimers appearing on such websites from time to time (“Terms”):
By using our site you agree to be bound by the Terms.
1. Before an advertisement can be placed on This site an advertiser account needs to be created. In registering with This site to create an advertiser account, the applicant agrees to the following terms and conditions which apply (an “Advertiser”):
2. Advertiser Account can be casual (payment before the advertisement is released to the site), or an account can be a credit account with terms in this agreement.
3. Advertise may make payment using credit card.
4. For credit account, invoices must be paid within seven (7) days. In the event payment is not received within seven (7) days, the advertisement may be suspended by This site.
5. Advertisements posted by the Advertiser on This site are current for a period of 30 days only.
6. All advertisers must comply with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) guide ‘Misleading job and business opportunity adverts: how to handle them’. This publication can be accessed at https://www.accc.gov.au/publications/misleading-job-and-business-opportunity-adverts-how-to-handle-them
7. The Advertiser is responsible for proof reading and checking advertisements to be placed.
The Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that This site may reject, remove or suspend advertisements at any time should it so wish.
8. This site has the right to charge interest on any overdue invoice at the rate of 1.5% per calendar month, calculated daily on each day such invoice remains overdue. This site may also disable the Advertiser’s account, or remove the Advertiser’s listings until such time as the overdue invoice and all applicable interest is paid.
9. The Advertiser warrants that the advertisement submitted by the Advertiser for publication and the advertisement as published (in either case, the “Advertisement”):
a. Is genuine position as described in the Advertisement and that this is the sole
b. Is not misleading or deceptive to potential candidates or other persons. In
c. Does not contravene any relevant Law of Australia or its states or territories; they purpose of the Advertisement; particular, the Advertiser warrants that the Advertisement and the Advertiser’s conduct in connection with the Advertisement is not liable to mislead persons seeking the employment as to the availability, nature, terms or conditions of, or any other matter relating to, the employment; include and not limited to
- the Age Discrimination Act 2004 (Cth)
- the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth)
- the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth)
- the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth)
- the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT)
- the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
- the Anti-Discrimination Act 1996 (NT)
- the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA)
- the Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 (TAS)
- the Equal Opportunity Act 1995 (VIC)
- the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) (“Anti-Discrimination Laws”);
d. does not contain any material that could reasonably be considered to be defamatory
10. The Advertiser warrants that it will not use any information obtained from any candidates for the purpose other than the assessment of the persons’ suitability for the role being advertised. The advertiser will comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and applicable regulations under such legislation and the National Privacy Principles.
11. The Advertiser indemnifies This site from any claim, loss or liability arising (whether directly or indirectly) in connection with the Advertisement or from breach of any warranty given by the Advertiser under these terms.
12. The Advertiser must take all reasonable care in guarding against unauthorised use of its user name and password. This site is not responsible for any unauthorised access to Advertiser accounts through failure of the Advertiser to take such reasonable care.
13. The Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that by submitting an application to open an account with This site, the Advertiser authorises This site to obtain information on credit history.
14. If Sterling Publishing Pty Ltd (Company) permits you to advertise on This site you grant the Company an irrevocable, permanent and royalty free licence to use any advertisement that has been submitted by you for placement on This site or any other third-party website deemed reasonable by the Company for the express purpose of generating user views and applications. You may not and must not allow or permit other parties on your behalf to copy advertisements, or to undertake site scraping or other similar activities unless you have obtained the prior, express permission of the Company.
Each person searching on This site as a potential candidate or applying for a position as a result of an Advertisement (a “Candidate”) agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Candidate acknowledges that all Advertisements and their contents appearing on This site are the responsibility of the relevant Advertiser.
2. It is the Candidate’s responsibility to satisfy themselves that the advertisement is genuine and that the details he or she provides the advertiser are appropriate to the role advertised.
3. The Candidate must take reasonable care in protecting against unauthorised use of log-on details. This site is not responsible for any unauthorised access to the Candidate’s stored information.
4. The Candidate warrants that in responding to any Advertisement or making inquiries of an Advertiser he or she does so as a genuine potential candidate in his or her own personal, non-commercial capacity.
5. The Candidate indemnifies This site from any claim, loss or liability arising directly or indirectly from any personal details submitted to an Advertiser.
6. This site reserves the right to disable the Candidate’s log-on if he or she is in breach of these Terms.
The following terms and conditions apply generally to Advertisers, Candidates and other users or visitors to This site, referred to as “you”:
Copyright subsists in all the content appearing on This site. All Sterling The This site logo device is a trademark of This site Limited and must not be reproduced without permission.
2. Submission of Advertising
In providing This site with advertising you acknowledge that it is online service to facilitate the placement of candidates in available positions.
This site does not provide any advice, representation, endorsement, recommendation or opinion in connection with advertised positions.
To the full extent permitted by law:
a. the content appearing on This site and the services is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied;
b. This site limits its liability to you in connection with its services:
(i). supplying the relevant Advertisement or service again; or
(ii). payment of the cost of having the relevant Advertisement or service supplied again;
(iii). This site will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profits, indirect, consequential or incidental loss, damage or injury.
This site does not take responsibility for any of the following:
any interruption to or inability to access any Job Board;
- any inability to log-on or access your online account;
- any delay or failure in an Advertisement being posted, archived, restored from archive, or taken down or any change to the details or content of such Advertisement being made;
- any matter, circumstance or thing beyond This site control.
You warrant that in accessing or visiting the Job Boards or any user account you will not introduce any virus or other malicious harmful or destructive code.
You are not permitted to link any website to This site prior to receiving written permission.
Any advertising appearing on the This site does not imply an endorsement or recommendation of the advertiser or their products or services.
This site may amend, revise or replace the Terms from time to time.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales. This site may amend, revise or replace the Terms from time to time.