City of Hobart
The City of Hobart commits to building strong and healthy communities through promoting diversity, participation and empathy and achieving good quality development and urban management through good governance at a regional and community level.
We understand the strength in diversity and seek to have our workforce reflect the broader Hobart community. We encourage applications from talented people from all backgrounds, abilities, ages and identifies, including Aboriginal people.
What the City of Hobart can offer you
We aim to provide a workplace and work-life balance that suits everyone’s individual needs, and offer a range of benefits and perks to all of our employees.
- Competitive wages and Employer Superannuation at 12.5%.
- Flexible work arrangements including the option to apply for a nine-day fortnight or a nineteen-day four week period.
- A wide range of paid leave entitlements, including:
- 4 weeks annual leave attracting a 17.5% leave loading
- 13 days personal leave per annum
- up to 13 weeks parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs including onsite gyms.
- Discounted membership at Hobart Aquatic Centre.
- Subsidised or fully supplied corporate uniform and/or PPE.
- Options to salary sacrifice to your superannuation.
- Ability to access to pro-rata long service leave after 7 years.
- Ability to purchase additional leave after 12 months of service.
- Relocation assistance (Conditions apply).
- Support for employees affected by domestic and family violence with 15 days paid leave.
- An Employee Assistance Program that offers onsite visits.
- Family Inclusive Workplace.
- Corporate Health Plan discounts with BUPA, St. Lukes and Medibank.
- Free annual flu vaccinations.
- Plus much more …..