About Us Adelaide Airport Limited (AAL) is an internationally recognised and award-winning employer of choice in the dynamic aviation environment. The gateway to South Australia, AAL is the fifth-largest airport in Australia and is committed to on-going developments that seamlessly connects the world to South Australia. It is an un-listed public company owned by long
Adelaide Airport Limited (AAL) is an internationally recognised and award-winning employer of choice in the dynamic aviation environment. The gateway to South Australia, AAL is the fifth-largest airport in Australia and is committed to on-going developments that seamlessly connects the world to South Australia. It is an un-listed public company owned by long term superannuation funds.
AAL is a major business centre and is executing its vision to be a globally connected, next generation hub offering a unique sense of place to its partners. AAL has recently announced $1billion in capital investment over the next five years, covering both significant aviation and technology infrastructure upgrades in addition to some exciting commercial property developments across both our Adelaide and Parafield Airport sites. Some of our exciting upcoming projects include:
- security screening expansion to enhance the traveller experience, improve efficiency, and meet compliance;
- check-in hall expansion to upgrade technology and accommodate future growth;
- aircraft parking space growth;
- terminal pier expansions north and south to create more gates; and
- kerbside pick-up and drop-off area expansion to improve traffic flows.
AAL employs a highly engaged workforce recognised for delivering exceptional outcomes. Identifying, supporting and encouraging leadership and innovation, AAL is a proven leader in sustainability, supporting diversity and inclusion and offering flexible workplace arrangements.
About the Role
Reporting to the Legal and Corporate Affairs Manager this key senior lawyer role is responsible for a broad remit of commercially minded legal advice covering contracts, projects, IT, risk & compliance.
The successful applicant will have strong legal, negotiation and influencing skills and commercial acumen. They will possess:
- Quality in-house legal experience at senior counsel / legal counsel level, and a current practising certificate.
- First rate legal training and experience, with the ability to take the lead on significant legal matters.
- 5+ years of front-end legal experience gained in-house or in a top-tier firm within areas such as corporate, projects, IT/IP or construction.
- An engaging and personable manner, the ability to make commercially founded legal decisions and engage positively within a fast-paced team environment.
This is a diverse, hands-on role that provides interesting and challenging work within the dynamic aviation sector, working with a team recognised for delivering exceptional outcomes for our customers, partners, shareholders and community.
How to apply
For a copy of the PD please email [email protected]. To be considered, email a CV in confidence to [email protected] or to discuss in absolute confidence call Paul Burgess on 0414 687 629. This position is exclusive to BPLR.